Technical Lead - Software Engineering
Package: Competitive Salary + profit share + benefits
Hours: We're flexible for the right person; full-time, part-time, job share etc
At Holiday Extras we believe time is precious, and holidays are some of the most precious times we have. So it’s fitting our purpose and promise to our customers is less hassle, more holiday.
We’re a fast-moving travel technology business, obsessed with making it easy for customers to make the most of their trip. With over 4 million bookings a year we are one of the UK’s most innovative travel companies and continue to grow fast and expand our offering as a trips-based business.
We are looking for an experienced Technical lead to come and use cutting edge technology to help us revolutionise how customers (7 million and growing) travel better. This is a senior Software Engineering role with a focus on leading a team(s) mission to create scalable tech solutions, while working closely with our Product Managers to deliver on our business strategy. You will have technical ownership of a key product area such as Integrating with our hotel partners, ensuring our core booking engine can scale 10x or growing our Insurance product.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Leading from the front, hands-on in a cross-functional team within an agile product delivery environment.
- Using your understanding of our business strategy and our customers, to produce technical solutions that are smart, scalable, timely and pragmatic.
- Working closely with product teams, deep diving into technical detail and leading them to smart solutions. Owning projects from conception to delivery.
- Enabling teams to ship features which align to their Product goals but also the wider technology strategy.
- Lead and evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision looking at both the micro and macro level
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Drive the team to ship robust, lasting, and scalable products.
- Be a visible technical leader across the Holiday Extras Group working closely with the senior leadership team
- Be obsessive about data and use data to inform decision making.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience working as a senior software engineer, technical lead or head of engineering
- Strong leadership capability, not afraid to make decisions and act quickly
- Proven track record of shipping highly scalable distributed web applications and APIs
- Ability to challenge our current processes and ways of thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Curiosity to experiment and learn new technologies
- A desire to understand the business and where it’s heading
We pride ourselves on being able to offer exciting challenges, whilst also providing a flexible, fulfilling environment in which to work. Our supportive environment focuses on personal development, helping our team members grow and become experts in their field! We have fortnightly “Project Lounge” days where you have the chance to work on anything, from extending your knowledge in different tech areas or collaborating on a project to make a difference to the business.