Email Marketing Manager
Salary: Up to £42,500 DOE + profit share + benefits
We’re looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join us on the Holiday Extras campus and lead our Email Team. Our award-winning Email Team at manages and delivers email communications to our 6 million subscribed customers; from direct and intermediary customers to our partnerships retail agents. These communications stretch across multiple brands and are for a variety of purposes such as sales, transactions and product information. We’re the channel by which our product, customer and commercial teams communicate at scale with their customers.
We think of ourselves as the curators of the customer journey. The emails we create and send are most customers’ most frequent exposure to our brand personality - they have to be good. To that end, we identify the right communication points and develop dynamic email designs that house the right content for the customer and our business. The frequency, relevancy and segmentation of our award-winning emails is of utmost importance. The workload is fast-paced, but the atmosphere is fun.
What you’ll be doing
You will be integral to developing the best email journeys with clarity, technology and usability at the forefront of your mind. You will have responsibility for a core part of our customer experience, developing plans to improve the experience to create a personalised "wow" effect. Working closely with the team and wider business, you will decide on what improvements or changes to launch, test or retire. As much as possible, everything we do should be driven by data; you’ve got to be inquisitive and hungry for data. You will form hypotheses on what success will look like and ensure you have the measurements in place to know the impact.
We want you to bring your brilliant coaching and management skills to drive the performance of our incredible Email Developers by helping the team achieve their goals and perform at their best. You will be motivating and inspiring and can expertly balance people’s individual needs with the needs of Holiday Extras.
You’ll have several years of experience managing people and have experience working within a digital marketing environment. You don’t necessarily have had to have been a Email Developer yourself, but you should have worked in an customer driven, agile environment where performance and delivery are key. As a motivated and ambitious team player you’ll champion the development and wellbeing of the Email Team and encourage them to be the best version themselves.
You’ll know what amazing looks (and feels) like. You’ll act as a delivery manager for campaigns and use data to make commercial marketing decisions, collaborating with our Email Strategist. You’ll be a champion of our brand and focused on how to inform and delight our customers. Creativity is key here; expressing our purpose and brand through creative and engaging content and imagery and driving the customer experience. You can be guaranteed that no two days will be the same.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of leading, planning and executing digital marketing campaigns, either at a senior role in-house or agency-side with multiple relevant clients
- A modern, creative, vibrant approach towards creating artwork and content
- A natural born leader; people want to work with you - you are someone who loves to get stuff done but has fun along the way
- A people person with several years of managing people
- You can build strong relationships and via these use a variety of coaching techniques in order to support individual's development
- You’re confident and capable in data analytics, you have the ability to interpret the data to inform product direction
- Someone with natural customer empathy and curiosity with an insatiable desire to improve the customer experience
- An inspirational and effective communicator, both written and verbal, able to influence and coordinate internal stakeholders with evidence based recommendations
- Team player - someone who thrives and achieves their best when working in a team and collaborating
- Passion for keeping up with ever changing technology, to keep ahead of the game
- Someone who likes to have a laugh! The work is fast paced, but the environment is fun
We are looking for the best to join our team. We’re unlike any other company you’ve worked for and pride ourselves on being able to offer exciting challenges in the world of Email, whilst providing a fantastic environment in which to work.