Front End Developer - Maidenhead
Package: Up to £30,000 DOE + benefits
Chauntry Ltd. is part of the Holiday Extras group. We are the world's most successful parking reservation system. We lead the way with innovation & technology, delivering integrated solutions for advanced booking of parking and other travel-related services.
Our Chauntry team based in Maidenhead, UK are on a mission to build excellent partnerships with our customers, deliver exceptional service and help customers increase their revenues by delivering features and functionality to enrich their pre-booking product that is used for parking, fast track, lounges, hotels and integrates with various third party systems.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You will be working across our main product Parkspace, both on the consumer facing and admin console side. You will be key in translating the UI/UX designs to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the teams across the business to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing new user-facing features.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Making suggestions for better solutions to problems.
- Keeping abreast of the latest and emerging technologies.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience of writing Front End code to be cross-browser, cross-device friendly. A focus on Responsive/Adaptive/RESS UI development and where each is most appropriate is crucial.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop is a plus.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Exposure to ASP.NET MVC(C#), MySQL, Web Services would be nice.