Email Marketing Developer
Package: Circa £25,000 DOE + profit share + benefits
Hours: We're a flexible for the right person; full-time, part-time, job share etc
The award-winning Email Team at Holiday Extras manages and delivers email communications to our 6 million subscribed customers; from direct and intermediary customers to our partnerships retail agents. These communications stretch across multiple brands and are for a variety of purposes such as sales, transactions and product information. We’re a commercial trading group but also the channel by which our product, customer and commercial teams communicate at scale with their customers.
We think of ourselves as the curators of the customer journey; identifying the right communication points and developing dynamic email designs that house the right content for the customer and our business. The frequency, relevancy and segmentation of our award-winning emails is of utmost importance.
We work closely with teams around the business to shape marketing plans, ensuring it meets their strategic objectives. In some cases, you will act as a ‘business partner’ for a particular team, getting under the skin of the type of marketing approach that works for their audiences and objectives, as well as training them to develop more innovative, best practice briefs and integrated digital plans.
What we’re looking for...
We’re looking for creative and technically minded individuals who are driven to produce high-quality emails as part of a fast-paced team. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running to support multiple teams and campaigns from day one, questioning the status quo and maximising ROI.
You’re probably already an experienced digital marketer with proven experience of creating successful email marketing campaigns. You have a solutions-oriented approach, are a team player and have the ability to get stakeholder buy-in whilst delivering best practice and high impact digital marketing.
What you’ll be doing
- Building weekly email campaigns using existing templates.
- Working with the ECRM Manager to develop new templates that enable user-level personalisation via interaction with a variety of data sources.
- Developing new automated processes and dynamic tools/templates to increase efficiency and output.
- Work with the rest of the team to improve email metrics (Open Rate, Click Rate, Conversion) by optimising designs, ensuring templates are mobile-responsive and implementing testing.
- Implementing a robust testing schedule for all emails to ensure each one is perfect on send.
- Ensuring the creative quality is always consistent and high – the little things matter.
- Champion, protect and develop our brands.
The ideal candidate
- Has worked in an email focused or digital marketing team.
- Experience using an ESP (preferably Responsys).
- HTML / CSS skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix errors across HTML, CSS, data flows and, ideally, RPL (Responsys Personalisation Language).
- Experience of planning, delivery and reporting of email campaigns.
- Ability to work on multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of design and layout - experience with Photoshop, typography and image optimisation.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- Has experience of building relationships and working with stakeholders, internal or external, to drive projects forward.
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity and would like to work with a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work For, then please upload your CV & Covering letter.