Head of Operations and Technical Projects (m/f)
Job Title: Head of Operations and Technical Projects
Department: General Management
Location/Division: Munich, Germany
Reporting to (Manager): CEO Continental Europe
Responsible for (Team): Systems
We are Holiday Extras! A European market leader for travel extras - with airport hotels, airport parking and airport lounges amongst some of our core products. We've enjoyed rapid growth and are continuously working to expand our product range and presence in new territories across Europe. Join us on our journey to become the largest provider of Travel Ancillaries in Europe! We are looking to recruit a seasoned Head of Operations to partner with the CEO to build the leading platform for travel ancillary services in Continental Europe.
The Head of Operations will be accountable for the operational implementation of the company’s business strategy. In this role you will be fully responsible for the day to day operations, through to planning and realising the business plan, in partnership with the CEO. Your remit will cover all operational areas of the business to ensure that systems and procedures are in place to manage a high growth environment. The Head of Operations will be required to ensure that controls are present to effectively manage resources, and programme delivery against the budget.
As part of the senior management team, you will work closely with our CEO, Head of Sales & Marketing, Contact Centre Lead, Head of Commercial, Head of People and Finance to lead, structure and develop the Holiday Extras business. You will be responsible for the creation and development of scalable processes and operations to ensure the successful delivery of our goals.
As Head of Operations you will:
- Working closely with the CEO to execute the long-term business strategy, whilst developing core processes and approaches.
- Developing infrastructure, processes and systems that help optimise the gross margin of all transactions and enable exceptionally rapid expansion across Europe.
- Recruiting, coaching, aligning and motivating a high-performing team on an ongoing basis
- Driving organisational agility and utilising technology to drive a competitive advantage
- Evaluate and support business cases to prioritise development work
- Leading the performance management process that measures all KPIs/OKRs and critical time-based goals. Work with functional leads (commercial, sales, marketing, reservations) to determine the requirements to achieve these goals.
- Implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities to ensure correct reporting and that strategic goals are met.
- Developing and managing timelines for various initiatives to ensure strategic plans and critical processes are carried out in a lean fashion.
- Supporting the planning, launching and managing of new business opportunities with the aim to build for future scale.
- Collaborating with the German and UK teams to identify synergies, best practice, logistics and operational processes
- Creating a collaborative culture of success, on-going business and goal achievement.
- Aligning teams around our strategies and objectives
The type of person we would love to meet. Are you this person?
You will have experience of working within an entrepreneurial environment and understand the critical factors for success in a consumer-led, e-commerce business. You will be adept at the ongoing optimisation of the service platform and continuously innovate to reduce manual processes, with a commitment to exceptional quality.
- Based on your experience from a comparable business, you will be able to bring to the role an operational template that has been proven to work effectively in supporting growth, whilst retaining the flexibility and collaborative spirit necessary for the success of the role.
- You will be an experienced Head of Operations who possess proven experience as a Project Team Lead or Senior Project Manager (preferably from a technical field). Project Management/Lean Management/Six Sigma Certification welcomed.
- You are comfortable working with numbers: with excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to “understand the commercials.”
- You are a brilliant example of our value ‘Be One Team’, and enjoy working in diverse teams, motivating them and understanding their individual needs.
- The tech, digital and online landscape is your native environment. You have an excellent understanding of technical architecture & systems. Based on your expertise you are able to recommend direction on strategy and tactics to drive cost-effective growth.
- As part of the senior management team, your leadership qualities include: every aspect of the employee lifecycle - beginning with recruitment, as well as a proven ability to communicate, motivate, inspire, empower and develop relationships across teams.
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset – thriving in fluid, fast-moving
- Being one of our GALler (Geschäftsführung & Abteilungsleiter), you'll lead by example and with integrity, whilst being able to sensitively challenge and influence when needed
- You are able to quickly establish your business credentials, based on your extensive past experience and success in building brands and businesses.
- Holiday Extras is a fast-moving company with ambitious goals. You must be able to adapt and evolve with our changing goals along the way.
- You will be a part of the international HEX family where you will use your advanced English & German language skills on a daily basis.
We are looking for the best person to join our team. We pride ourselves on being able to offer exciting challenges in the world of travel, whilst providing a fantastic environment in which to work. Along with a company pension scheme, additional health insurance and other (H)Extras, we also offer great development opportunities and a culture that you will be passionate to be a part of.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!