Package: DOE + profit share + benefits
At Holiday Extras we believe time is precious, and holidays are some of the most precious times we have. So it’s fitting our purpose and promise to our customers is less hassle, more holiday.
We’re a fast-moving travel technology business, obsessed with making it easy for customers to make the most of their trip. With over 6 million bookings a year we are one of the UK’s most innovative travel companies and continue to grow fast and expand our offering as a trips-based business.
We’re the UK market leader in travel ancillaries; once you have booked a flight and accommodation, we take care of the rest. That includes airport hotels, insurance, airport parking, lounges, foreign currency, car hire, resort transfers and attractions. Almost all of our business is conducted online, either direct through our own website and app or through our network of partners that include the major travel retailers, airlines and tour operators.
The IT Team
The Holiday Extras group is growing at a phenomenal rate. With more people joining, we’re looking for a HelpDesk Engineer to join the team to ensure we can keep giving our customers a great experience. We have 3 friendly and enthusiastic members in our current HelpDesk team, who all enjoy getting a user back to work, and hate to see them struggling. We are looking for people with experience in an Help Desk role, who can apply themselves to thrive in our fast paced environment. You’ll need to have an understanding of IT support and have a desire to progress your career further.
We are 100% Apple Mac based with over 1000 devices across 2 sites in the UK and one in Europe. We are an approved Apple Authorised Repair Centre which allows us to carry out all our own repairs and servicing, we also offer support for all tech related queries like Office, eMail, phones (iPhones, of course) along with all the other day to day helpdesk duties.
We are big on automation and self service and being able to spot opportunities to automate and innovate is vital for a technology led company. We’ve made a start by automating machine formatting across the business, which streamlines machine configuration and setup, giving us the ability to distribute software updates and patches. We have auto enrolment for our Apple Products with DEP allowing us to track and control all aspects of our Apple hardware.
We want to build on our users experience by introducing more integrations into platforms like Google Apps, move away from Office 365 and make better use of the Google suite, using Active Directory to secure all our applications and 3rd party access with single sign-on.
Each day is never the same on our HelpDesk; you’ll be working with every person within the organisation, on every aspect of Tech.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will have autonomy and responsibility to solve the interesting problems we face daily.
- You will be working closely with our Apple Engineers to prioritise tickets
- You’ll be working closely with the Holiday Extras staff around the group to come up with solutions to help make their lives better.
- You will be solving problems relating to mission critical services
- You will develop your career in a strong team with a well-defined culture, that is building a fast-moving business.
- You will lead and assist in solving challenges and delivering innovative new experiences with other team’s alongside supporting our other businesses.
- You will be covering 2 different locations (about 4 miles apart) with visits to our European office too.
- You will be doing out of hours support (1 in 4) but that's a good incentive to automate.
- You’re going to have a lot of fun!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced 1st or 2nd line Helpdesk Engineer
- You've had experience troubleshooting issues and looking to make an positive impact
- Good knowledge of standard business applications like Ticketing systems / Excel / Word / Chrome
- Active Directory administration experience
- A desire to understand the business and where it’s heading
- Being solutions focussed and an excellent problem solver, not afraid to make decisions and act quickly
- Always determined to acquire new skills and learn.
- Demonstrable interest in a wide range of cutting edge technology from the latest in Apple hardware, to the hottest new software releases from Google.
- Clean driving licence in order to be mobile between our UK sites
- Apple ACMT / ACIT / ACSP certificate
- Experience of industry recognised deployment tools such as Munki, JAMF, Deploy Studio, MDM etc
- Azure &/or Active Directory experience
- Scripting knowledge like Bash / Perl
Please send your CV and Cover Letter by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Application close Monday 4th February 2019.